Welcome to our resource for MG Car Information.
MG MGF Technical - Dead Electrics
|I left my 1999 VVC in the garage over Xmas and New Year and when I returned the elctrics were dead, not a peep or light to be had anywhere. I connected my battery charger while the battery was still connected to the car and instantly blew the fuse on the charger. I disconnected the battery from the car reconnected the charger with a new fuse which again instantly blew. I took the battery to Halfords to be tested and found the battery totally dead. I have bought a new battery and connected it this evening but the electrics are still totally dead; no clicks, beeps, lights or anything else. I dont know where to start looking, can anyone help please?|
| You may need a multimeter and some understanding of what it tells you. Otherwise get an auto electrician in; as there isn't a failsafe brief routine for the inexperienced. It could be so many, or a combination of, things.....It is likely to be simple if you have no signs of life at all so far.|
Try 1. Battery connected the right way around.
2. Both terminals tightly screwed on.
3. There is a big fusible link under the bonnet but if that hasn't gone then get the auto electrician.
This thread was discussed on 30/01/2008
MG MGF Technical index
This thread is from the archive. The Live MG MGF Technical BBS is active now.