Welcome to our resource for MG Car Information.



TR parts and Triumph parts, TR bits, Triumph Car Spares and accessories are available for TR2, TR3, TR3A, TR4, TR4A, TR5, TR6, TR7, TR8, Spitfire and Stag and other TR models are available from British car spares and parts company LBCarCo.

Triumph TR6 - Intake Water Feed

I ve been playing with the idea of reducing the heat around my DGV (downdrafts) and have read some posting by Brent and Jim D about using a plumbing valve to shut off hot water supply to the intake manifold. My question is that I have two sets of water supply

one to the pierce adaptors on which the webers sit and the other to the intake manifold. Do i apply a ball type plumbing valve on just the pierce or to the manifold or to both? I am also wrapping the exhaust header in a thermo blanket to reduce heat under the carbs and improve the scavenging effect.

Any thoughts, comments on this subject most appreciated.

Bob Craske

This thread was discussed on 04/03/2006

Triumph TR6 index